Download your Free Checklists for Safe Care Here!
Share with family and friends: good information is good for everyone!
If you are able to make a donation to support our mission, every dollar helps! Thank you!
How to Support Safe Hospital Care for Loved Ones
Ensure that you can help prevent common medical complications during hospital stays.
- How to Help Prevent Superbug Infections (Staph, MRSA, Others)
- How to Help Prevent Sepsis, Bloodstream Infection
- How to Help Prevent Medication Mix-ups
- How to Help Prevent A Blood Clot
- How to Help Prevent Falls and Fractures
- How to Help Prevent Painful Bed Sores (Pressure Wounds/Pressure Ulcers)
- How to Help Prevent Pneumonia from a Ventilator (VAP)
- How to Help Prevent a Urinary Tract Infection from a Catheter (UTI/CAUTI)
- Help Prevent C. Diff Infection
How to Help Make Sure Your Loved One Gets the Correct Diagnosis and Treatment
How to get indepent 2nd opinons and make sure all treatment options are fully understood and agreed upon.
How to Plan for Good, Safe Care After A Hospital Stay
Help prevent medical complications and possible hospital round trip with a good plan and coordinated care after your loved one is disccharged.
How to Support Safe & Sound Pregnancy, Birth, & Recovery
Care partners to pregnant people are critical!
Medication Safety for Seniors: the Beers List of Potentially Innapropriate Medication for Older Adults
Around age 65, we tend to process some medications differently. Look up your meds here and if you find any of yours on the Beers List, discuss with your doc!
Kindly support our mission to demystify health care so patients and families can feel confident advocating for themselves.